Did you know that each year many pets succumb to preventable diseases? Preventative care involves dealing with the prevention of a pet illness to suppress the burden of disease and risk factors. Preventive maintenance for pets includes getting vaccinations early enough and practicing excellent daily hygiene practices. Emphasis on proper pet nutrition can help your pet to stay healthy in the years to come.
Many pet sicknesses are preventable and can be cured if they are detected early enough. It's important to have your pet in a pet wellness program, beginning with physical visits to a veterinarian for comprehensive exams.
Are you a pet owner hoping to initiate preventative wellness for your pet? Don't hesitate to contact Lakeville Animal Hospital in Lakeville, MA, to take advantage of our veterinary wellness program, serving the Lakeville and Middleborough areas. Our veterinarian provides a complete preventative plan encompassing pet dental, pet nutrition, and thorough pet exams.
Pet Preventative Care Practices
Some standard pet practices include:
- Vaccination. By vaccinating your pets, you minimize their risks for severe and preventable illnesses.
- Observe proper pet nutrition. Consultation with your veterinarian from our animal hospital is the best way to know the appropriate diet for your pets. Spending a little additional money on a quality product can enhance long-term good health for your pets.
- Use preventative heartworm medication. Our veterinarian can advise you about the risk in your area for heartworm infestations. This is a preventable problem and a potentially fatal one if neglected.
- Walk your dog routinely, and make sure it gets enough exercise. Ask your veterinarian about the amount of movement your pet breed needs, and offer your dog adequate exposure to fresh air and sunshine. Spending time playing with your pets can also help them to stay active and live longer.
- Maintain the proper weight for your animals. Avoiding pet obesity can also help avert associated conditions like joint problems, heart problems, and diabetes, so it is critical that your pets are at a healthy weight. Again, consult with your veterinarian about the best weight for your pets.
- Brush your pet's teeth regularly, using a toothpaste designed for pets. Do not clean your pet's teeth with human-formulated toothpaste. Brushing a pet's teeth may prevent expensive and severe dental complications for your pet later in life.
- Socialize and train your puppies early. Training your puppy will help to avoid skirmishes with other pets later in life and may also prevent behavioral problems, which can be complex to deal with in adult pets.
- Spend time with your pets on a routine basis. Pets should be part of the family, and spending quality time with them will help build their emotional well-being and, therefore, improve their general health.
Let our animal hospital provide your pet with preventative care for optimum wellness today!
Getting preventative pet care can help sustain the health and longevity of your pets. Don't hesitate to contact Lakeville Animal Hospital at (508) 947-1309. We are conveniently located for both the Lakeville and Middleborough areas. Call today to book an appointment with our veterinarian.