When it comes to your favorite four-legged family member, you want to make sure they receive top care. At Lakeville Animal Hospital, we provide top surgical solutions for both cats and dogs. The staff of our animal hospital has years of experience performing numerous pet surgery procedures for pets of all breeds and ages.
Types of Pet Surgery
Our animal hospital offers a wide selection of surgical procedures for both cat and dog breeds. Here is a look at some of the most common surgical procedures that we perform:
- Spay and neuter surgery - It is important to have your pet spayed and neutered to prevent unwanted litters. We offer fast and affordable spay and neuter surgical procedures.
- Soft tissue surgery - Soft tissue surgery is designed to remove cancerous masses from the body. Our animal hospital has performed many soft tissue surgical procedures on different breeds of dogs and cats.
- Ophthalmic surgery - Does your dog or cat have vision trouble? We may be able to treat your pet's vision issues with ophthalmic surgery.
- Orthopedic surgery - Over time, your pet may experience decreased mobility that may be treatable with orthopedic surgery.
- Cardiology surgery - If your pet is having heart issues, then we may be able to treat the condition with cardiology surgery.
Benefits of Pet Surgery
It may be scary to think about your pet undergoing surgery. However, there are several reasons why you may need to consider surgical procedures for your pet. One of the most important reasons to consider pet surgery is to prevent unwanted pregnancies if you have a female cat or dog. If your pet has a cancerous mass, then you will want to have that condition treated before it spreads to other parts of the body. Finally, if your pet is experiencing a loss of vision or a loss of mobility, then you will want to have that condition treated as soon as possible.
Downtime After Pet Surgery
Recovery times differ from surgery to surgery. If your pet is undergoing complex soft tissue surgery, then your pet may require longer downtime than a routine spay or neutering procedure. Our veterinarian will be able to specify the amount of downtime needed to provide for a full recovery.
Veterinarian in Lakeville
At Lakeville Animal Hospital, we proudly provide pet owners in the Lakeville and Middleborough area with reliable soft tissue surgery services. For more information or to schedule an appointment with our veterinarian, call us at (508) 947-1309.